Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Kagemusha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagemusha#/media/File:KAGEMUSHA_2.JPG

For the thirty-sixth film of the month we have Kagemusha 

First off, we have the story which has a petty thief with an utter resemblance to a samurai warlord is hired as the lord's double. When the warlord later dies the thief is forced to take up arms in his place. I thought the story was very entertaining and thrilling from start to finish and was paced well. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all well acted and all added to the story very well especially the double as he attempts to act like the warlord he resembles. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was masterfully executed in terms of the camerawork and lighting to create the stylised look of the film. Now we have the action which I thought was very well choreographed and the scale of the battles were a sight to see. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did well at building up the tension and suspense throughout the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fantastic and worked very well during the battle scenes to ramp up the entertainment. 

Overall, I thought this film was very entertaining and an interesting film by Kurosawa which hooked me in from the very start all the way to the end because of the story telling and the characters. 

I give Kagemusha a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment