Sunday, April 21, 2019

Godzilla

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(1954_film)#/media/File:Gojira_1954_Japanese_poster.jpg


For the thirty-second film of the month we have Godzilla 

First off, we have the story which has american nuclear weapons testing results in the creation of a seemingly unstoppable, dinosaur-like beast. I thought the story was very entertaining and thrilling with this being my first look into Godzilla films. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and each played their part well but I enjoyed focus on Godzilla with what it is and how to stop it with the characters reacting and finding out ways to stop it. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was great and some of the sequences with Godzilla's attacks were entertaining and thrilling because of the destruction as well as normal means unable to stop it. Moving onto the tone of the film which built up the tension and suspense very well especially until the reveal of Godzilla to the characters. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good and built up some of the sequences well. 

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable and being my first Godzilla film I was very impressed with what they were able to come up with and I am looking forward to future entries. 

I give Godzilla a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment