Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Bottle Rocket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottle_Rocket#/media/File:Bottle_Rocket_(1996_film_poster).png

For the second film of the month we have Bottle Rocket

First off, we have the story which has three friends plan to pull off a simple robbery and go on the run. I thought the story was very enjoyable and going back to Wes Anderson's first film was very interesting to look back on. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all well acted and the chemistry between the main leads was fun to see with the Wilson brothers standing out the most of the cast. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was very consistent as well as you seeing where Anderson started with his visual style and you can see the beginnings of the that with his camerawork.Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought balanced the comedy and drama over the course of the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good and I liked the mix of tracks that was used throughout. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable one with a fun story and compelling characters as well as seeing my favorite directors first films and where his style started and how it has evolved since and gotten better over the years. 

I give Bottle Rocket a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment