Monday, April 15, 2019

X-Men


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_(film)#/media/File:X-MenfilmPoster.jpg

For the twenty-third film of the month we have X-Men

First off, we have the story which has a world where mutants (evolved super-powered humans) exist and are discriminated against, two groups form for an inevitable clash: the supremacist Brotherhood, and the pacifist X-Men. I thought the story was ok and it had some decent ideas throughout. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought for the most part were good but there were some clunky performances from some of the actors which made some the characters awkward. 

As for the film's visuals I thought in terms of the camerawork and lighting was good however some the visual effects haven't aged well since this film's release. Now we have the action which had some decent choreography but could have been better. Moving onto the tone of the film which had a interesting direction for the superhero genre when it came out. I thought the soundtrack of the film was passable but none of the tracks stood out that much. 

Overall, I thought this film was enjoyable in parts and as my long awaited look into the X-Men films I can say it will be an interesting look back and this one tried something different to launch franchise when it was released. 

I give X-Men a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment