Sunday, April 14, 2019

Vanilla Sky

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_Sky#/media/File:Vanilla_sky_post.jpg

For the twenty-first film of the month we have Vanilla Sky

First off, we have the story which has a self-indulgent and vain publishing magnate finds his privileged life upended after a vehicular accident with a resentful lover. I thought the story was very enjoyable and unique with it's themes and structure of how it was told. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were good in terms of acting with the main standout being Tom Cruise who gives a decent performance which makes you care for his character by the end.

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was consistent and because of the story structure they were aloud to be creative with some of the choices in camera and lighting. Moving onto the tone of the film which had a nice mix of drama and bits of comedy to pace the story. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great with some of the choices in tracks suiting the style of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was very interesting since going in blind, it managed to surprise me with some of it's story choices, cinematography aspects and a soundtrack that works very well with how everything came together. 

I give Vanilla Sky a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment