Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Arrival

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrival_(film)#/media/File:Arrival,_Movie_Poster.jpg

For the first film of the month we have Arrival 

First off, we have the story which has a linguist works with the military to communicate with alien lifeforms after twelve mysterious spacecraft appear around the world. I thought the story was very enjoyable and I enjoyed the ideas and concepts that were being presented throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought they were all well acted and Amy Adams gave a terrific performance  and her interactions with the aliens were the best parts about the film. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was excellent in terms of the camerawork, lighting and colour pallet choices to give the film a darker look and intriguing style. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought did a great job at building the tension and suspense during parts of the film when the characters were in the dark about the aliens and what they wanted. I thought the soundtrack of the film added something different with music that sounded alien and other worldly. 

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent film and another hit by Denis Villeneuve and the way he crafts his films and the way he tells his stories and uses his characters to great effect with this being no exception. 

I give Arrival a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment