Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Only God Forgives


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_God_Forgives#/media/File:Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg

For the fifteenth film of the month we have Only God Forgives

First off, we have the story which has Julian, a drug-smuggler thriving in Bangkok's criminal underworld, sees his life get even more complicated when his mother compels him to find and kill whoever is responsible for his brother's recent death. I thought the story was intriguing throughout with it's content.  

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were well acted and gave some good performances and were compelling to see on screen and interact with one another. 

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography throughout was stunning and the colour palette gave the film an interesting style. Moving onto the tone of the film which didn't hold back with some of the sequences which made it hard to watch in points. I thought the soundtrack of the film suited the setting and style of the film.  

Overall, I thought this film was very interesting and as the other Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn film I thought it was very good in terms of the story and characters with some captivating visuals and soundtrack. 

I give Only God Forgives a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment