Saturday, April 20, 2019

Drunken Angel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Angel#/media/File:Yoidore_tenshi_poster.jpg

For the twenty-ninth film of the month we have Drunken Angel

First off, we have the story which has a drunken doctor with a hot temper and a violence-prone gangster with tuberculosis form a quicksilver bond. I thought the story was very enjoyable with a nice focus into the characters. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very well acted and being Toshiro Mifune's first work with Akira Kurosawa he gave a great performance and the chemistry with the doctor was interesting.

As for the film's visuals I thought the cinematography was very good and consistent throughout and the setting helped build the location of the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which built the drama throughout and kept things going. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good with the choices of tracks to certain scenes. 

Overall, I thought this film was an enjoyable watch with it's story and compelling characters . This is one of the different films that Akira Kurosawa has done from the ones I have seen previously and shows how good of a director he is.  

I give Drunken Angel a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment