Saturday, May 12, 2018

Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_(film)#/media/File:Fantastic_Beasts_and_Where_to_Find_Them_poster.png

For the next film I decided to watch, I chose Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them

First off, we have the story which focus on Newt Scamander as he attempts to recapture magical creatures after they escape from his briefcase. I thought the story was intriguing and kept me hooked throughout with some great moments thrown in.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling as well as greatly acted with Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander who brings a lot of heart to the character when around his creatures and when endangered he leaps into action.

Now we have the action which was entertaining and fun to watch with the capturing of creatures as well as wand battles. As for the visuals I thought the film looked great, especially the design of the creatures which were all unique and intriguing with each one you saw and the CG wasn't bad either. The setting of the film - 1926 New York added to the film because of it being different after having the present day in the main film franchise. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really liked as it for the majority of the film it was light-hearted and funny but still had the underlying theme of something darker happening in the shadows. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great with tracks that added to the magical world going on around New York.

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable and adds to the history of the Harry Potter franchise very well and would definitely go back to it.

I give Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment