Saturday, May 12, 2018

I Love You Phillip Morris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_You_Phillip_Morris#/media/File:I_Love_You_Phillip_Morris.jpg

For the sixth film of the month is I Love You Phillip Morris which was recommended to me by my friend Andrew.

First off, we have the story which focuses on Steven Jay Russel an ex cop turned con artist who meets Phillip Morris while in prison and they fall in love. However when Phillip is released Steven will do anything to be with him. I thought the story was very compelling because that was down to the actors who gave it their all to make the relationship believable.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and the relationship between them was well developed throughout. That is also helped by the actors Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor had great chemistry in this film and were funny to boot. 

As for the visuals I thought the film looked good especially the lighting which added to overall film giving it a nice touch for the majority of the film because of the use of natural light which was a nice touch. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found to be very mixed, when it was time to be funny and bright it did well and when there were the few serious moments it worked well at portraying them. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very interesting with the tracks having different genres of music to most other comedy films which was a nice difference.

Overall, I thought this film was a surprise enjoyment after hearing about it from Andrew and was intrigued after seeing the trailer and I wasn't disappointing by the outcome of the film.

I give I Love You Phillip Morris a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment