Thursday, May 24, 2018

Lucy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(2014_film)#/media/File:Lucy_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

For the next film of the month we have Lucy

First off, we have the story which has a woman who is turned into a merciless warrior after she takes a special drug. I thought the story was entertaining and there were some fun moments but that's all there was to be honest.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought for the most part were well acted with the main standout being Scarlett Johansson as Lucy as she showed off both sides of her character before and after taking the drug, although by the end you couldn't really care for her because of how overpowered and undercharged she was.

Now we have the action which was entertaining as well as fluid and you could tell what was going on throughout each sequence. As for the film's visuals I thought some of them were very cool looking especially showing the effects of Lucy controlling the power she has. The film was also edited very well ans flowed from one scene to the next with good pace. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found very consistent throughout and manged the action and story well. I thought the soundtrack of the film wasn't that great and none of the tracks stood out.

Overall, I thought this film was fun and entertaining and as an action film it has it's merits although the concept is far from the truth that it tries to bring across although I may watch this again. 

I give Lucy a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment