Sunday, May 13, 2018

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d4/Rogue_One%2C_A_Star_Wars_Story_poster.png

One of the films I managed to see when it came out was Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

First off we have the story which overall I thought was good but when t hit the half way point the story picked up and became amazing.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were great. The main character Jyn Erso was the standout, however I was surprised by how good the character played by Donnie Yen was. I was surprised when Darth Vader was in the movie for a small part. 

Moving on to the action throughout the film which I thought was amazing, the standout action scene is the battle of the planet Scarif especially the space battles. The tone of the movie was done well and felt like it would fit the Star Wars movies. As for the visuals they were amazing as well. I thought the camera work throughout was standout. The visuals for the planets were good as well. I really liked the planet Scarif's design.The soundtrack of the film was good, it had familiar sounding tracks but different ones as well it and defiantly worked as a Star Wars movie soundtrack.

Overall I thought this film was a great thrill ride and was glued to the screen throughout. 

I give Rogue One: A Star Wars Story a 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment