Thursday, May 31, 2018

Midnight In Paris

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_in_Paris#/media/File:Midnight_in_Paris_Poster.jpg

For the final film of the month we have Midnight In Paris

First off, we have the story which focuses on a writer while on a trip to Paris with his fiance and her family ends up going back in time every midnight. I thought the story was very entertaining and had some nice moments throughout.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought the main character of Gil was very compelling and interesting and the acting by Owen Wilson really brought the character to life and he stuck to his thoughts on Paris and the journey he goes through was good for him and his book. The rest of the acting was fairly decent.As for the film's visuals I thought the film looked amazing and the setting of the Paris both in the present and the past with the location footage of the city during both time periods really showed off how nice the city looks. This is also helped by the cinematography which contrasts between day and night and past present. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found to be upbeat and fantastical which added to the films aesthetic. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very upbeat and very fitting of the city of Paris and the time Gil keeps going to. 

Overall, I thought this film was fantastic and one of those films you find that a different from others and you love and this is one film I will go back to in the future.

I give Midnight In Paris a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment