Sunday, May 13, 2018

Goodfellas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodfellas#/media/File:Goodfellas.jpg

For the next film we have Goodfellas

First off, we have the story which focuses on the life of Henry Hill and his time in the mob as well as his relationships with his wife Karen and his mob co-workers Jimmy Conway and Tommy DeVito. I thought the story was very compelling and I was hooked throughout the film.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and interesting. the acting from the majority of the cast added to the characters and the chemistry throughout is shown off with them being in the gangster business. 

Now we have the action which violent but that was to be expected of a gangster movie and was very exciting to watch seeing what trouble they would get into. As for the visuals I thought the film was looked great and the cinematography of the film added to the film very well with the choice of lighting being very low-key and certain camera shots added to the mob gangster style. Moving onto the tone of the film which managed to capture the tone of a gangster movie with the violence as well as shady goings on between different gangs. I thought the soundtrack of the film which was different as it had a range of tracks, mostly jazz that I had never heard before but felt like it fit the film.

Overall, I thought this film was another decent film that I watched and being the first film from Martin Scorsese it was a very good one and i'm interested in watching more of his work.

I give Goodfellas a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment