Saturday, May 12, 2018

Die Another Day

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3d/Die_another_Day_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch Die Another Day

First off, we have the story which has Bond looking into a potential traitor when a mission in North Korea goes wrong. On the way he looks into connections between a terrorist and a diamond mogul who has plans involving a new satellite named Icarus. I thought the story was plain and uninteresting and nothing stood out as unique. 

Next, we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed with Bond having his moments which were great however Halle Berry as Jinx wasn't that great of a Bond girl compared to some of the past ones. The villain of the film Graves wasn't that great either and felt very weak. Parts of the dialogue were also very silly and felt weird for the characters to say which didn't help either.

Now we have the action which at some points were very cool like the beginning of the film and the sword fight between Bond and Graves then there were points such as the Iceland chase in the Vanquish as well as the windsurfing scene which I found very stupid. As for the visuals I thought the film in terms of location footage was fine but with the use of cgi in this film such as the windsurfing sequence it was very easy to spot and stood out badly. Moving onto the tone of the film which was very mixed in terms of being serious and very silly in certain moments which was jarring in some occasions. I thought the soundtrack of the film was ok for the time this film came out but none of the tracks stood out. The theme for this movie is probably one of the worst out of the whole franchise.

Overall, I thought this film wasn't one of the best Bond films as I thought the story was uninteresting with a weak villain and some very diverse action sequences and i would definitely call this Brosnan's weakest film in my opinion.

I give Die Another Day a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment