Saturday, May 12, 2018

Green Lantern

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_(film)#/media/File:Green_Lantern_poster.jpg

For the next film on my watch-list we have Green Lantern

First off, we have the story which focuses on test pilot Hal Jordan as he becomes a member of the Green Lanterns and face the threat of Parallax. I thought the story was uninteresting and generic when it comes to superhero movies and nothing different came from it. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were I thought were a mix with Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan being just an average person who gains powers with nothing that made him stand out, additionally his acting was ok at best. The villains of the film were nothing to speak about and weren't that great or impressive. 

Now we have the action which I thought was interesting because of the powers that the Lantern power gives to Hal allowing him to fight with whatever he comes up with in his mind. As for the visuals I thought the film looked alright but the effects in terms of the villains didn't work that well but the lantern powers looked average at best. Moving onto the tone of the film which tried it's hardest to fun and entertaining but just came up as dull and boring. I thought the soundtrack of the film wasn't that great either and none of the tracks stood out as good.
Overall, I thought this film was unimpressive and generic attempt at doing a movie on a DC hero that is actually interesting and one film I won't be returning to in a hurry.

I give Green Lantern a score of 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment