Saturday, May 12, 2018

The World Is Not Enough

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/The_World_Is_Not_Enough_%28UK_cinema_poster%29.jpg

I decided to watch The World Is Not Enough

First off, we have the story which has Bond having to protect an oil heiress as well as facing off against a man who can't feel pain. I thought the story was good but at some parts was very slow. 

Next, we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed with Pierce Brosnan giving a good performance as Bond, Sophie Marceau as Elektra King the first female main Bond villain was the highlight. However Denise Richards as Christmas Jones was less than impressive as the Bond girl of the movie.

Now we have the action which was entertaining to watch and some of the sequences were thrilling. As for the visuals I thought the movie was shot really well such as the action and the location footage again was standout. Moving onto the tone of the movie which definitely felt like a Bond film which was fine although adding something interesting to the tone could have done something extra. I thought the soundtrack of the movie fit the film well as well as the time action movies would have come out in 1999. The theme for this movie is again one of my favourites from the franchise.

Overall, I thought this movie was good enough for a Bond film but lacks something extra the previous films Brosnan films had.

I give The World Is Not Enough a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment