Sunday, May 13, 2018

Life Is Beautiful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Is_Beautiful#/media/File:Vitaebella.jpg

For the next film we have Life Is Beautiful 

First off, we have the story which focuses on a Italian librarian with Jewish roots during World War 2 when he and his son are sent to a concentration camp. I thought the story was heartwarming and captivating that made me want to watch till the end.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very likeable and brought life into the film with the standout being Guido with his acting standing out with the way he shows his care for his family especially his son and you can't help root for him.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good and the way it used lighting throughout added to the feel of the movie with warm lighting and colour but it later becomes cool with blues and greys becoming central. Moving onto the tone of the film which I found to be very interesting with it starting out as a comedy but soon becomes a serious film with Guido doing his best to help his son when they are taken to the camp through comedy and charades. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good with a mixture of tracks that added both the film's comedic but also serious moments. 

Overall, I thought this film was an entertaining one that kept me watching from start to finish with it's well written story and captivating characters that make this a fantastic film. 

I give Life Is Beautiful a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment