Sunday, May 13, 2018

Following

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/55/Following_film_poster.jpg

We now have Following

First off, we have the story which has a young writer struggling for material, so he begins following random strangers for inspiration and one day he meets a thief who brings him into the criminal life. I thought the story was intriguing and had an original concept behind it tried to do so much in just over an hour.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were ok and the acting was pretty average but they managed to carry the films story to keep it interesting from start to finish. The chemistry between Bill and Cobb was unique as he started to indulge in the same crimes as Cobb.

Now we have the action which for the film in question was done alright but I believe suited the film well overall. As for the visuals I thought the film looked ok in terms of it's cinematography but the black and white style suited the film's story very well even when you know how much this film was made on. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed through it's mystery elements and the way crime is portrayed through the characters. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used added to the film and gave it an uneasy feeling to it that added to the experience.

Overall, I thought this film was an interesting one seeing where Christopher Nolan first started and watch his other films you can see what styles he continues to use in his present films.

I give Following a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment