Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Godfather

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather#/media/File:Godfather_ver1.jpg

For the next film we have The Godfather

First off, we have the story which spans 10 years and tells the story of Italian-American crime family - The Corleone. When the leader Vito survives an attempt on his life, his son Michael plans to take revenge. I thought the story was compelling with the story escalating as the film progresses.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were compelling as well as interesting because of the line of work that they are in. The chemistry between the Corleone family was shown off really well which was helped by the acting.

Now we have the action which ranged in violence being a mafia film with different kills from a car explosion to being gunned down in the street. I found the action very thrilling and because some characters that were killed were related to the main ones, you felt for them. As for the visuals I thought the film looked amazing with some well done shots as well lighting. The one that stands out to me is the opening shot in Don Corleone's office while he is talking to someone who needs his help. Moving onto the tone of the film which set the film up really well with the criminal world and the violence that comes with it showing how bad it can be. I thought the soundtrack of the film fit the film really well with it's use of Italian styled music the fit the world of the film. Also the main theme of this movie is used to perfection and why it is one of the famous ones in film.

Overall, I thought this film was an excellent one and it showed me why it is one of the most  classic films out there and I am excited to watch the other two movies of the trilogy.

I give The Godfather a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment