Saturday, May 12, 2018

Terminator Salvation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_Salvation#/media/File:Terminator-salvation-poster.jpg

I decided to watch Terminator 3 Salvation

First off, we have the story which has John Connor leading the resistance against the forces of Skynet, but when an stranger arrives they will both have to travel deep into enemy lines and discover something that could end the human race. I thought the story was very uninspired and there wasn't much there I hadn't already seen from other films.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought weren't that very interesting which wasn't helped by the acting which I found to be drab and dull and it didn't seem that anyone was interested making the film.

Now we have the action which I thought wasn't that very interesting even with all the new machine designs and futuristic equipment on both sides of the fight. As for the visuals I thought the film looked good in terms of the colour grading of the world to show that everything seems hopeless with the use of dark and drab colours showing that the machines rule the world but the camerawork throughout the film was less than impressive. Moving onto the tone of the film which did well at portraying the time that the film is set in being far in the future after the events of Judgement Day and Skynet is in control but i still thought it took itself a bit too seriously. I thought the soundtrack of the film wasn't that great with none of the tracks standing out although the main theme was used again.

Overall, I thought this film was a letdown with an uninteresting story with flat characters, boring action and not helped with the film taking itself really seriously.

I give Terminator Salvation a score of 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment