Thursday, May 17, 2018

Gravity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_(2013_film)#/media/File:Gravity_Poster.jpg

For the next film of the month we have Gravity

First off, we have the story which focuses on two astronauts who are stranded in space after their shuttle is destroyed and they attempt to return home. I thought the story was very entertaining and kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were acted very well and the chemistry between the characters were shown off well. Sandra Bullock as Ryan Stone was outstanding having to work mostly on her own and you cared because of the development they gave her.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked fantastic and the way the camera was used throughout to work with the gravity and the direction of the entire movie was sweeping and the effects were done well. Some of the first person shots while the astronauts were outside and you could only see what they were seeing added to the tension of those scenes. Moving onto the tone of the film which was very suspenseful and you didn't know what would happen next added to the thrill of the film. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used added to the suspense of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was a very thrilling film with tense moments that do stand out and you worry for the characters and this was backed off by a simple and effective story with terrific acting and effects to pull it all together.

I give Gravity a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment