Sunday, May 13, 2018

Gothika

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothika#/media/File:Gothikaposter.jpg

For the next film we have Gothika

First off, we have the story which has a psychiatrist sent to the same asylum who employed her after an accident and the death of her husband. With no memory she soon discovers a dark force inside the asylum who has plans for her. I thought the story was passable with some interesting moments spread throughout.

Next, we have the main characters which overall, I thought were ok at best and the acting was sub-par from the main leads but did keep the story going enough. The chemistry overall was done well enough to care in moments.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked ok with nothing really outstanding when it comes to the cinematography. When it came to the horror and scary aspects it wasn't that scary which was disappointing. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was done really well to build up the tension and mystery going on throughout and at points made the film unsettling. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great and it built up the tension of certain scenes throughout the movie.

Overall, I thought this film was ok with some surprising moments but just turned out to be an average horror film with an enjoyable story.

I give Gothika a score of 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment