Sunday, May 13, 2018

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Flew_Over_the_Cuckoo%27s_Nest_(film)#/media/File:One_Flew_Over_the_Cuckoo%27s_Nest_poster.jpg

For the next film we have One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 

First off, we have the story which has Randle McMurphy arriving at a mental hospital and rallies up the other patients to rebel against the system used by the head Nurse. I thought the story was compelling but very dark in places especially towards the end of the film.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were interesting but also very different because of what they have with some being more likeable than others. The acting overall was at a good standard and Jack Nicholson and Louise Fletcher were the standout performers. 

As for the visuals I thought the film had some decent cinematography with decent lighting and camera choices. I also thought the location of the institute was a different one because of the imposed rules. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought the serious parts were dark but the bits of comedy added by Jack Nicholson's character was fun to see what he would do next to annoy the nurse. I thought the soundtrack of the film which when used lightened up the film when needed. 

Overall, I thought this film was very different from recent films that I have seen but it didn't stop me from liking it and I found it a decent watch.

I give One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment