Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_and_Commander:_The_Far_Side_of_the_World#/media/File:Master_and_Commander-The_Far_Side_of_the_World_poster.png

For the penultimate film of the month we have Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World

First off, we have the story which focuses on a Navy who pushes his crew and ship on the hunt for a French vessel and capture it. I thought the story was very entertaining and I was hooked throughout. 

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and the acting throughout was consistently good. The chemistry between Russel Crowe's Jack Avery and his entire crew was shown off well as they fought on the high seas.

Now we have the action which I thought was very entertaining and thrilling. The ship warfare was interesting especially in the harsh weather that the HMS Surprise comes across while chasing the Acheron. As for the film's visuals I thought it was shot excellently with the cinematography adding the epic nature of the film getting in close when something action packed happened. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought nailed the epic scale of the film very well for the year this came out. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good with tracks ranging from adventurous to emotional tracks which fit the film.

Overall, I thought this film was was a surprising one with how entertaining it turned out with a fun story, compelling characters along with thrilling action that adds up to it being an epic film.

I give Master And Commander: The Far Side Of The World a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment