Sunday, May 13, 2018

Alien: Covenant

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Alien_Covenant_Teaser_Poster.jpg

This is my review for Alien: Covenant which had managed to see in the cinema when it came out.

First off we have the story which overall I found very entertaining to watch although slightly predictable in places. The pacing of the film was done very well as the slow build up for the first act of the film was ramped up after the first infection. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were ok. Michael Fassbender as David/Walter was acted superbly and the way he played the two different characters was interesting to see. The other character that stood out was Daniels played by Katherine Waterston who did really well at her job and kept herself together after the shit hit the fan. 

Now we have the action which was done really well, the gore throughout the film looked good and made me look away a few times which is a first. The action was directed really well to show the terror that is unfolding. As for the visuals I thought they were stunning. The landscape shots to the action looked really good and there are some of the shots that stood out really well. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was used really well as the slow tension built up and built up , then when the first infection happened the tone shifted to the horror aspects and the tone was used well. I thought the soundtrack of the film was used well in the scenes that needed them, from the slow build up of the plot onto the action scenes

Overall I thought this film was very enjoyable. Going into it I didn't know which way the film was going to go for me but i'm glad I wen and saw t and would do again.

I give Alien: Covenant a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment