Sunday, May 13, 2018

Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Percy-Jackson-Sea-poster.jpg

For the next film we have Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters

First off, we have the story which has Percy Jackson and his friends having to find the Golden Fleece in order to help their camp. I thought the story was very generic and cliche which is a shame because the book it was based off was good.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very wooden at at times very boring which wasn't helped by the acting which has seemed to have gotten worse since the first film. In terms of the villain that wasn't much better either.

Now we have the action which I felt was only average but still had some decent little moments thrown in throughout. As for the visuals I thought the film was very cgi heavy in this which yes would have been required in the first place but it's the amount and the fact it lacks in a lot of places that brings it down for me. Moving onto the tone of the film which did ok at adding to the mythology of the series that started in the first film as well as the adventurous aspect that the films/books are known for. I thought the soundtrack of the film was ok and had some decent tracks fitting of the film.

Overall, I thought this film was a big disappointment considering I found the first film to be ok and I'm glad there isn't any more films in this franchise.

I give Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters a score of 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment