Saturday, May 12, 2018

Crazy, Stupid, Love

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy,_Stupid,_Love#/media/File:CrazyStupidLovePoster.jpg

I decided to watch Crazy, Stupid, Love

First off, we have the story which focuses on Cal becoming divorced from his wife Emily. Later on he meets Jacob who takes Cal under his wing in order to get girls at bars. I thought the story was interesting and most of the story-lines bar two of them were standout and I was interested in them.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were mostly compelling which was helped by the actors and they all gave great performances. The standouts were Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling and their chemistry throughout was done well even more so when more about the characters are revealed. Even most of the side characters did well in the story-lines they were apart of.

As for the visuals I thought the film had a nice look to it especially the lighting which gave the film a softer feel which added to some of the nicer moments in the film. Moving onto the tone of the film which i thought got the aspect of comedy really well and I had a lot of fun with most of the jokes. I thought the soundtrack of the film fit the time that the film came out with tracks you would expect to hear in bars.

Overall, I thought this film was a very nice surprise and is one of the better romantic comedies that I have come across and it was supported by great characters, funny jokes and a nice tone which made the film what it is.

I give Crazy, Stupid, Love a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment