Saturday, May 12, 2018

Scarface

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarface_(1983_film)#/media/File:Scarface_-_1983_film.jpg

I decided to watch Scarface

First off, we have the story which tells the story of the rise and fall of drug kingpin Tony Montana in 1980's Miami. I thought the story was compelling and throughout the film I wondered what would happen next.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were compelling and interesting with the main standout obviously being Al Pacino as Tony Montana with his acting portraying his ruthless side on the rise to power as well as his when he reaches his low points towards the end of the film.

Now we have the action which fit the time of the film as well as the tone with all the violence going around with the cartels and the police. As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good and the setting of the film worked for the time the film is set. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed with the shady business of the world the characters are in and how dangerous it can be. I thought the soundtrack of the film was an interesting one with some of the tracks adding to the film and some were surprising.

Overall, I thought this film was a nice surprise as I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it or not and I'm glad the film proved itself as an enjoyable film.

I give Scarface a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment