Saturday, May 12, 2018

Edge Of Tomorrow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Tomorrow#/media/File:Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg

I decided to watch Edge Of Tomorrow 

First off, we have the story which focuses on William Cage who is caught in a time loop every time he dies on the battlefield against an alien race and must find a way to stop it. c I thought the story was very compelling as I had read the source material the film is based on and I thought the translation was spot on with few minor changes which worked.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very good and compelling which is attributed to the casting choices of Tom Cruise as William Cage and Emily Blunt as Rita Vrataski who have great chemistry together as their relationship builds every time William goes through a new loop. Now we have the action which I thought was very entertaining and thrilling because when a new loop occurs and a new plan is attempted the characters have to change their plan. I also found the mech suits to be very cool. As for the visuals I thought the film looked especially good with the action scenes standing out the most with the camera following the action well and I could tell what was going on. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was consistent throughout with fast paced action and when it goes darker and serious it's very good at that. I thought the soundtrack of the film was good with tracks that fit the action sequences as well as the few slower emotional scenes.

Overall, I thought this film was excellent as an adaptation of All You Need Is Kill and one of the best sci-fi films of recent times and it is one film I would watch again.

I give Edge Of Tomorrow a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment