Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Hateful Eight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hateful_Eight#/media/File:The_Hateful_Eight.jpg

I decided to watch The Hateful Eight

First off, we have the story which has a group of strangers seek shelter from a blizzard but become suspicious of one another. I thought the story was very compelling with interesting twists throughout and I was hooked from the start.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were all very intriguing and compelling as the movie progressed with the acting being top notch. Surprisingly Tim Roth as Oswaldo Mobray aka "The Little Man" was my favourite character out of the bunch.

Now we have the action which was done really well after the build up of the film to came to a head then hell started to break loos when the deaths started to happen again in violent fashion. As for the visuals I thought the film really worked with the location it used being the haberdashery and the lighting in it was done brilliantly with the few lights that were in the house used. For the parts set outside at the beginning of the film also looked good. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was very well set up and enjoyed the slow nature of it as it built up over the course and when the action came about it picked up even more. I thought the soundtrack of the film when used was classic Tarantino using a variety of tracks that added to the situation that all the characters found themselves to be in as well as the main setting of the film. 

Overall, I thought this film was an interesting one and Tarantino managed to pull off a film mainly set one location with eight characters very well while still keeping all the characters interesting to see what happens to them

I give The Hateful Eight a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment