Saturday, May 12, 2018

Legend

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ad/Legend_2015_poster.jpg

The next film I decided to watch was Legend

First off we have the story which focuses on the lives of the gangster twins: Reggie and Ron Kray and their rise and fall. I thought the story was very entertaining and I was hooked throughout to see their story unfold. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were the best part of the film as they carried the story as it focused on them with Tom Hardy playing both twins brilliantly. Out of the two twins Reggie was the one that liked overall through his character as well as his chemistry with the other characters. 

Now we have the action which when needed it didn't shy away from it and was intense, thrilling and some times uneasy to watch in some parts. As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good and the colours the film used really added to the setting of London.When violence was needed it was shot well to show what was needed. Moving onto the tone of the film which does well at making it feel like London in the 60's when the Kray's were about and when violence was needed it didn't shy away from getting dirty and showing it. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very fitting and for the time the film is set in it added to the overall setting of 60's London.

Overall I thought this film was very enjoyable for a gangster film with great characters that drove a compelling story with entertaining moments but also some emotional ones as well and this is one film I would go back to. 

I give Legend a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment