Sunday, May 13, 2018

The Shawshank Redemption

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shawshank_Redemption#/media/File:ShawshankRedemptionMoviePoster.jpg

 We have The Shawshank Redemption

First off, we have the story which focuses on Andy Dufresne as he is framed for murder and taken to Shawshank prison to begin his new life. I thought the story was very entertaining and as the film progresses it just got better and better.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought carried the film really well and the chemistry between Andy and Red especially was shown off to the fullest, starting from Andy arriving at the prison to them becoming good friends. The villain of the film the Warden was an entertaining character to watch with the terrible things he did.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked fantastic with the cinematography giving the film a dull look to it which added to the things that the film dealt with. The setting and time that the film was set also helped the visuals. Moving onto the tone of the film which although violent at times I think it worked very well as the setting and time period makes you believe that the events that went on would of happened then. I thought the soundtrack of the film which when used added to the scenes the tracks were used.

Overall, I thought this film was great with a story that was carried very well by it's characters and the acting for them made them even better. This becomes a film that I would definitely go back to and I see why it is one of the best films out there.

I give The Shawshank Redemption a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment