Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Prestige

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prestige_(film)#/media/File:Prestige_poster.jpg

The next film I watched The Prestige 

First off, we have the story which has two rival magicians attempting to one up each other with the tricks they pull of which leads to dangerous consequences. I thought the story was very compelling and the twists in the film kept me watching and I was thoroughly entertained.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and that is down to Hugh Jackman's and Christian Bale's acting and how they portrayed the rivalry between their characters. Rebecca Hall and Scarlett Johansson also played some good secondary characters throughout the film.

Now we have the action which was done with the use of the tricks and illusions the magicians pull off during their shows and I thought they were done especially well to give off the trick they want to pull off. As for the visuals I thought the film looked great and the cinematography by Wally Pfister was standout just like the last film he worked on that I saw. The 19th century location also worked with this film as magicians worked well here and I'm not sure a present day setting wold work as well. Moving onto the tone of the film which I really enjoyed as it took the work of a magician to a darker level and when a fierce rivalry becomes dangerous. I thought the soundtrack of the film fit the film well especially the time the film is set in.

Overall, I thought this film was another standout one by Christopher Nolan and after Insomnia I was looking forward to watching The Prestige and I was thoroughly impressed.

I give The Prestige a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment