Saturday, May 12, 2018

Insomnia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia_(2002_film)

The next film I decided to watch was Insomnia 

First off, we have the story which has two detectives investigating the death of a teen in an Alaskan town. I thought the story was very intriguing and the slow build up added to the tension and I wasn't bored for one moment.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and interesting to watch with Al Pacino's hunt for the murderer of the teen. Robin Williams also gives a superb performance and manages to stand up with Al Pacino to make the movie even better.

Now we have the action which I thought was built up well starting with the mind games and unknown nature of the killer at the beginning of the film which slowly builds up over the course of the film to a final confrontation. As for the visuals I thought the film did well and the location the film is set in added to the nature of the film as well as the weather in certain scenes which added to the films look. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was established well and the cold and unsettling tone added to the plot of the movie and also giving it a sense of uneasiness. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very good at adding to the tone of the film with some slower tracks that really worked in some of the important scenes such as the meeting between one of the detectives and the murderer.

Overall, I thought this film was entertaining and for my first Al Pacino movie was a good place to start and looking forward to more performances. In terms of Christopher Nolan movie, it was another great piece of work.

I give Insomnia a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment