Saturday, May 12, 2018

Kingsman: The Secret Service

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/Kingsman_The_Secret_Service_poster.jpg
 
The next film I decided to watch was Kingsman: The Secret Service

First off we have the story which focuses on Eggsy as he joins a spy agency - Kingsman and faces Valentine a rich megalomaniac. I thought the story was very compelling and enjoyable and as a spy film's story it stood out over some others. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were very compelling and very likeable. Eggsy character progression over the film was interesting to see as he developed from a "chav" to a Kingsman agent was one of the enjoying things to see. Hart or "Galahad" Eggy's mentor was another great character and Colin Firth really got into the character and was one of the standouts. The other standout was Mark Strong as Merlin. 

Now we have the action which was shot really well and the way the action uses different camera angles and the editing was very cool to see. The standout action scene was church scene because of the way that scene was shot and with how much was going on. The action in places also doesn't hide away gore. As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good and as I have said especially the action as it felt it was shot differently to other action films which was nice to see for a change. Moving onto the tone of the movie which feels like a spy film with the gadgets, weapons and spies and takes the genre and does it in a different way through the characters and action. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fitting of the film.

Overall I thought this film was very enjoyable and before watching this I shot this film down and after watching it I was presently surprised by how good and different it was to other spy films. 

I give Kingsman: The Secret Service a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment