Saturday, May 12, 2018

It's A Wonderful Life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Wonderful_Life#/media/File:Its_A_Wonderful_Life_Movie_Poster.jpg

I decided to watch It's A Wonderful Life

First off, we have the story which has a guardian angel Clarence having to help a man named George Bailey who plans to kill himself on Christmas Eve. I thought the story was entertaining and the concept of the whole story really worked because of the setting.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were great and added to the film's story with James Stewart as George Bailey as it shows him at his high points and how he ended up becoming suicidal. The acting from James Stewart was standout showing off the emotions. Then later in the film you have the angel Clarence Odbody played by Henry Travers and the chemistry between George and Clarence worked really well

As for the visuals, I thought the film looked good although I saw the version of the film in colour and I thought it worked well but maybe having it in black and white would make it work better but I can't be sure. Moving onto the tone of the film which I enjoyed as you got to see how one person can affect a number of people and what would happen if that person never came along and seeing that was uplifting. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very nice and fit the film's setting very well. 

Overall, I thought this film was very enjoyable with a compelling story and an interesting main character and I would definitely go back to this film again in the future.

I give It's A Wonderful Life a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment