Saturday, May 12, 2018

Die Hard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Hard#/media/File:Die_hard.jpg

I decided to watch Die Hard

First off, we have the story which has NYPD cop John McClane visiting his estranged wife until he gets caught up in a terrorist plot when he visits her office. I thought the story was entertaining with the contained story giving the main character the chance to step up to the situation.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very compelling and added to the film with McLane being a likeable hero who was also a good wisecrack when needed to be. Hans as the villain of the film was threatening and commanding. Both characters were helped by the acting of Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman who had great chemistry.

Now we have the action which was great with the different sequences of McLane taking out the terrorists which I found thrilling and very entertaining to watch. As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good from the action sequences to McLane sneaking around the building. The lighting and camerawork added to those sequences very well. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought balanced the action and some of the comedy that McLane pulls off throughout. I thought the soundtrack of the film was great with a mix of tracks from the suspenseful to the action packed tracks. 

Overall, I thought this film was blast and after hearing so many good things about it from other sources I wanted to check it out and my expectations were met.

I give Die Hard a score of 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment