Sunday, May 13, 2018

12 Angry Men

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Angry_Men_(1957_film)#/media/File:12_angry_men.jpg

Now we have 12 Angry Men

First off, we have the story which have 12 juror's who have to decide on the verdict of a convicted defendant of murder. I thought the story was very compelling and when new information was brought up the story changed and new ideas came alight and the fight by one of the jurors was uplifting to see as he tries to makes the others to reconsider the facts.

Next, we have the characters which overall, I thought were very interesting as the arguments are brought to each of them and each have their own reasons for deciding their verdict some more hard to break down than others. This added that this sort of close debate would happen in the real world.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good even though the majority of the film was shot in one room so the director had to use all that he could to produce a well shot film which was shown off through the angles to the small movements of the camera. Even the small change in lighting when the weather changes was nice touch. Moving onto the tone of the film which I thought was really good because of the tension of the situation that the characters were in and that there decision could send one boy to his death. I thought the soundtrack of the film which when used in certain moments throughout the film really added to them by adding to the situation that the characters are in.
Overall, I thought this film was amazing from start to finish and I was on the edge of my seat throughout and this is one film that I would definitely go back to in the future.

I give 12 Angry Men a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment