Saturday, May 12, 2018

Chronicle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)#/media/File:Chronicle_Film_Poster.jpg

I decided to watch Chronicle

First off we have the story which has thee friends who gain superpowers and over the course of learning and refining them thy start using them for their own means and tension starts to boil up between them. I thought the story was very enjoyable with the found footage aspect and darker take on superhero movies. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were great as you got to see the friendships build over the course of the film when they gain superpowers and the darker twists that happen to some of them was interesting to see it affect their relationships and how they responded. 

Now we have the action which was great throughout the film especially the final fight. I found the special effects during the sequences to be good and not affect my viewing. As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good with the added aspect of the found footage and how that is played with throughout the movie and how it relates back to one of the main characters. The setting was another standout as it added to the premise of the film. Finally the action was shot really well and the found footage is played with very well during the final fight. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was another standout feature of the film with the darker twist to the superhero genre which was nice and different to see from other movies of the same genre. I thought the soundtrack of the film was interesting as there wasn't really one besides the natural sounds you might hear in your life: radio music, sirens etc. I felt this added to the grounded nature of the film even though superpowers were involved.

Overall I thought this film was very thrilling and intense and for my first found footage film was a great start to that way of film. The characters were another standout as their relationships develop and twist. 

I give Chronicle a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment