Friday, May 11, 2018

Hackers




https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/Hackersposter.jpg


I decided to watch Hackers

First off we have the story which has a group of hackers getting involved with a corporate extortion conspiracand are blamed for creating a virus which will capsize 5 oil tankers. I thought the story was very interesting to me and I really enjoyed how it played it out.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed. I enjoyed Dade played by Jonny Lee Miller and Kate played by Angelina Jolie as well as the other main hackers.However The Plague played by Fisher Stevens was a over the top cliche villain. 

Now we have the action which takes the form of hacking sequences. Those sequences were done well and were interesting to watch. As for the visuals I thought the film looked good and did well at the visual design and feel of the movie. Even though the effects are well dated, the hacking aspect with the computer effects work well for the time the movie came out even if it might not be realistic. Moving onto the tone of the movie which embraced the style of the movie and gave the film the tone this type of movie needed. I thought the soundtrack of the film which worked well for this movie and the soundtrack fit the year this movie came out with the techno music. 

Overall I thought this film had a very good concept and the story back it up along with good main characters who help the it along really well and is one film that I would back and watch with ease

I give Hackers a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment