Saturday, May 12, 2018

License To Kill

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Licence_to_Kill_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch License To Kill

First off we have the story which has Bond suspended as he attempts to track down a drug lord Franz Sanchez who has also attacked his best friend Felix Leiter and killed Felix's wife. I thought the story was intriguing for the most part with Bond's vendetta against Sanchez, however I think it was dragged on by some of the other story points.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were great with Timothy Dalton giving another impressive performance as Bond. The vendetta as well as him going rouge was an added bonus to the character in this film. Also the villain in the film - Sanchez was an enjoyable one to watch as he felt very threatening as well as getting Bond's attention with his actions throughout the film.

Now we have the action which was very intense to watch with two standout scenes being the first action scene involving a helicopter and plane as the stunt work was impressive in it and a good way to start the film off. The second scene that stood out as the final one with the base blowing up all the way to the tanker chase to end the film. As for the visuals I thought the film looked very good with the location footage standing out as well as the visuals during the action with the camerawork looking impressive during those scenes. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was an impressive part of the movie because of Bond's vendetta against the villain. I thought the soundtrack of the film was fitting for the movie however the main theme for it wasn't one of my favorites out of the ones I've listened to. 

Overall I thought this film was thoroughly enjoyable and for Dalton's second and final outing as Bond it did really well at showing off what he could do. Bond's personal battle against the villain was a highlight for me as well as some of the thrilling action scenes. However the rest of the story felt bogged down because of other parts of the story. This is a Bond final I would definitely re-watch occasionally 

I give License To Kill a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment