Friday, May 11, 2018

The Man With The Golden Gun

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/The_Man_with_the_Golden_Gun_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch The Man With The Golden Gun

First off we have the story  which involves Bond taking on Francisco Scaramanga who plots to use solar energy for his own personal use which overall I thought was good in parts, I enjoyed Scaramanga's plan in the movie and the hunt to find him was entertaining. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed. I though Roger Moore had a good performance as Bond but had lapses in his character when it came to Andrea. Andrea was an interesting secondary character because of her situation involving Scaramanga. Scaramanga as the villain of the film was performed extremely well by Christopher Lee and is definitely a good Bond villain. However because of certain actions I preferred him in the last film.  On the other hand the character of Goodnight was a not so memorable character and came across as annoying. 

Now we have the action which I thought was very good, the dojo fight scenes were action packed and enjoyable. Other action scenes such as the car chase and subsequent car jump was amazing besides the sound effect used with it. As for the visuals I thought just like the previous films the location shots looked amazing and set up each location well. In terms of the visuals for the action looked good. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was very consistent and the pace of the film was well done. I thought the soundtrack of the film fit the film very well and the theme for this movie was alright but not one of the best to be honest.

Overall I thought this film was an enjoyable one but mixed in parts because of certain characters actions however the villain, setting, action and music made up for it and it was a good film. 

I give The Man With The Golden Gun a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment