Friday, May 11, 2018

Ex_Machina


https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/ba/Ex-machina-uk-poster.jpg



I decided to watch Ex_Machina

First off we have the story which has Caleb meeting Ava a human looking robot created by Nathan who asks him to perform a turing test on Ava and a relationship develops. I thought the story was very enjoyable and it tackled some interesting themes and topics which added to the film.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were acted really well. The standout being Ava as she develops over the film. The other standout was Caleb because of the situation he was put in to do the test but also  changes because of meeting Ava.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked really good. The locations the film was set in added to the films isolated feel. In terms of the visual effects of Ava, the design of her was very interesting and the design of the robotic parts add to the design of her. Moving onto the tone of the movie which in parts of he film felt very unsettling and that made it very interesting to watch. I thought the soundtrack of the film was very enjoyable and worked very well in the scenes that they were needed for. 

Overall I thought this film was a great one that I would certainly watch again because of it's great story, characters and themes it tackled.

I give Ex_Machina a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment