Friday, May 11, 2018

Diamonds Are Forever

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Diamonds_Are_Forever_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch Diamonds Are Forever

First off we have the story which as Bond dealing with diamond smuggling and his old nemesis Blofeld who wants to use the diamonds for his evil scheme which overall I thought was very enjoyable and and from all the Bond films I've seen so far has a villains plan that fits a James Bond film very well. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were good for this film. Sean Connery back as Bond after his absence from the previous film was on form in this film and I enjoyed his performance and character. Another character Tiffany was an alright addition to the film but not the best. Blofeld in this film was very mixed in places throughout the film. 

Now we have the action which I thought was very exciting and fun to watch. One of the standout action scenes was the chase in the moon buggy and the the other one being the police car chase in Las Vegas. Also the oil rig action sequence was amazing. As for the visuals I thought besides the location shots and small parts in the action sequences especially when the car that Bond and Tiffany are in rolls on it's side the visuals were average at best. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was very consistent throughout. thought the soundtrack of the film had tracks that fit what they were needed and the main theme for this film was a standout track.

Overall I thought this film was a fun one with a good story, characters action sequences to back it up. Blofeld as the villain was ok in this film and I do prefer his earlier appearances in the franchise. 

I give Diamonds Are Forever a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment