Friday, May 11, 2018

On Her Majesty's Secret Service

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/On_Her_Majesty%27s_Secret_Service_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch On Her Majesty's Secret Service

First off we have the story which as Bond facing Blofeld once again in Switzerland who plans to plague the world with bacterial warfare with the help f his angels of death which overall I thought was actually a interesting one. It fits a Bond movie very well and Blofeld's plan was also interesting and served as a good villain or the movie.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed. I thought the regulars of M an Moneypenny were great and the addition of Tracey into this film was an excellent addition. On the other hand George Lazenby as Bond for this one and only film was very mixed. In scenes he was a good Bond but in other scenes he wasn't.

Now we have the action which I thought was paced well and also was action packed, especially the ski chase scenes and the car chase. The action looked good because of the visuals. As for the visuals I thought some of them looked very good such as the landscape shots of the locations in the film. They were also used well in some of the action scenes which added to them nicely. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was very consistent throughout and worked very well with the film's plot. thought the soundtrack of the film was good and fit the film very well although there were no tracks that I personally stood out as my favourite. In terms of the editing I found it was very choppy in places as well as having a fair few jump cuts.

Overall I thought this film was an interesting one. The plot was very interesting and fun to see play out however it is because of issues such as Bond and the editing. The film was effected somewhat. 

I give On Her Majesty's Secret Service a score of 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment