Friday, May 11, 2018

For Your Eyes Only

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/For_Your_Eyes_Only_-_UK_cinema_poster.jpg

I decided to watch For Your Eyes Only.

First off we have the story which has Bond attempting to retrieve ATAC a missile command system while facing Aris Kristatos he also meets Melina Havelock, a woman seeking to avenge the murder of her parents. I thought the story was very bland to be honest and a bit of a drag to get through. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were mixed. Roger Moore's Bond although not his best appearance still puts in a good performance and enjoyed his character. Melina Havelock was a character that I was surprised I ended up enjoying as her story throughout the film was very interesting. The villain Aris Kristatos although acted well by Julian Glover, the character was bland, unimpressive compared to other villains of the franchise. 

Now we have the action which I thought was good, the ski chase in the middle of the film was one standout because of the way it was shot as well as the way the chase developed throughout and the situations the characters ended up in such as a bobsleigh track. As for the visuals which in terms of location footage looked great as always. Also the rest of the film had some decent shots that made the film look nice. The underwater scenes with the sunken St George ship looked and was shot very well. The action was shot very well such as the skiing chase which I mentioned before. Moving onto the tone of the movie which in terms of retrieving the ATAC fit a Bond film well, the rest of the film had a bland tone which other Bond films have done better at. I thought the soundtrack of the film which worked really well for the film. The theme for the film however is not one of my favourites of the franchise.

Overall I thought this film had good parts such as the acting. action, soundtrack and some of the characters however parts such as the story, the villain and tone let the film down for me.

I give For Your Eyes Only a score of 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment