Saturday, May 12, 2018

La La Land

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_La_Land_(film)#/media/File:La_La_Land_(film).png

I decided to watch La La Land 

First off we have the story which has Sebastian a jazz pianist and Mia who wants to be an actress meeting and falling in love. I thought the story was great and because of how great the main leads were I could get invested in the characters.

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were great, I enjoyed their chemistry as it grows and changes over the course of the film and both of the main leads did a great job at portraying what emotion they needed to show when needed.

As for the visuals I thought the film looked stunning, especially the cinematography as it flowed well but when it came to the musical sections I enjoyed the way the cinematography was done. The setting of Los Angeles worked well for the story and the location footage looked great. Moving onto the tone of the movie which was done well for a musical which is a good thing after the last musical I watched didn't do that well and I was pleasantly surprised about the tone. I thought the soundtrack of the film was absolutely fantastic with no bad track anywhere and all the tracks worked in every scene they were needed for and gave each scene meaning and emotion.

Overall I thought this film was amazing, from the story, characters, acting and music. This is one film I will definitely return to.

I give La La Land a score of 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment