Friday, May 11, 2018

Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f7/Mad_max_two_the_road_warrior.jpg

I decided to watch Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

First off we have the story which overall I thought was better than the first film as it immediately got down into the nitty gritty of the film's plot as Max helps a group out in the wasteland. Again just like the first film the third act and final chase was the best part. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were pretty decent. Max as a character is still very good. With the Gyro Captain as a  new addition to this film I initially didn't like him but over the course of the film I began to like his character. I also enjoyed the Feral Kid character. 

Now we have the action throughout the movie which I thoroughly enjoyed, each action scene was intense and I wasn't bored at all. The stunts throughout the film were excellently pulled off and worked with action very well. The tone of the movie was done really well showing what the world has become over the years. Just like the previous films it had the beats that suit an action really well with the chases, explosions and intense scenes. As for the visuals they were they were also very good especially during the action scenes. The camerawork for the location shots were used well to show the world off and helps to make the world interesting.The soundtrack of the film was better in this film with each track used very well in each scene used - from the action heavy scenes to the intense scenes. 

Overall I thought this film was was an excellent action film and as a successor to the first film it improves on it and makes itself it's own film. 

I give Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior a score of 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment