Friday, May 11, 2018

After Earth

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/After_Earth_Poster.jpg

I decided to watch After Earth

First off we have the story which overall I found it to b a boring and generic sci-fi movie with hardly anything interesting to make it standout. 

Next we have the characters which overall I thought were bland and boring, the portrayal of the two main characters was boring and unemotional for Cipher Raige and Jaden Smith's Kitai Raige was uninteresting which made me not care what happened to him and his father.

Now we have the action which I thought were generic with fight scenes against deadly creatures and the one special creature - the Ursa. The Ursa being a plot point throughout the movie as the one special creature that works against the main development for Kitai which I found generic and uninteresting. As for the visuals I thought were somewhat passable in terms of camerawork but for shots that show off the world I found them bland as well and I felt the world they were on for most of the film looked like any other destroyed world and there weren't many things to make it interesting. I could tell what tone the movie was going for with the lone character and survival but because of all of the bland characters, uninteresting world and story, the tone just doesn't work. I thought the soundtrack of the film was passable also as some tracks ft the move but they were no standouts 

Overall I thought this film was boring with hardly anything interesting to make it standout as a sci-fi movie, the direction of the characters makes you not care about what happens and by the end it became a chore to watch and was glad it finished when it did. 

I give After Earth a score of 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment